The Red Rose Rescue is the Gospel of Life lived in words and deeds of merciful love.
The ministry flows from and is strengthened by prayer and laboring in love to save the most vulnerable among us. We live the Gospel of Life by responding to and putting into practice Proverbs 24:11: "Rescue those being dragged to death, and those tottering to execution withhold not. If you say 'I know not this man!' does not He who tests hearts not perceive it?"
During a Red Rose Rescue a team of pro-lifers enter the actual places where the innocent unborn are about to be "dragged to death." In the words of Saint Mother Teresa, they enter the "dark holes of the poor." Red Rose Rescuers peacefully talk to women scheduled for abortion, with the goal of persuading them to choose life. They offer to them red roses as a sign of life, peace and love. Should the unborn still "totter to execution" Red Rose Rescuers stay in the place of execution in solidarity with their abandoned brothers and sisters performing a non-violent act of defense through their continued presence inside the killing centers remaining with them for as long as they can.
The Rescuers stay with the abandoned unborn, as the manifestation of our love for them recognizing that unborn children, as members of the human family, have a right to be defended. The rescuers will not leave the unwanted, but must be "taken away."
Red Rose Rescue Code of Conduct
1. In keeping with the Christian principles upon which Red Rose Rescue is
founded, those who participate in Red Rose Rescue will be peaceful, respectful,
merciful, and loving at all times.
2. Those who participate in Red Rose Rescue will refrain from violence of any
kind in the Red Rose Rescue mission. Christian non-violence is a pledge not to
fight back, but to imitate Jesus in His Passion who offered no resistance to
3. Red Rose Rescue participants will not engage in any profanity, cursing, yelling,
screaming, or loud arguing.
4. During a Red Rose Rescue, those who are not designated as police liaisons will
refrain from talking with the police and direct police to those so designated to
serve in this capacity.
5. During a Red Rose Rescue those who participate will use only those pro-life
signs and literature approved by RRR leadership.
6. Those participating in a Red Rose Rescue will obey RRR leadership.
7. Red Rose Rescue participants will focus upon the abortion site as a true scene
of murder, not a place for idle chitchat, joking around, etc.
8. During a Red Rose Rescue only the RRR media liaison or delegates may speak
9. During a Red Rose Rescue, RRR team leaders are the primary conduit with local
10. If possible, Red Rose rescuers will not walk out of an open abortion mill but
will remain in solidarity with the innocent unborn scheduled for execution.
11. If possible, Red Rose Rescuers will not actively assist with unjust arrests, but
not directly resist either.
12. If and when placed on trial, Red Rose Rescuers will not plead guilty.
13. If possible Red Rose Rescuers will avoid pleading "no contest."
14. Red Rose Rescuers do not pay fines or do community service, nor agree with
the conditions of probation unless there is a very serious personal reason for
15. Unjust imprisonment is a spiritual extension of the rescue and an opportunity
to continue to witness to the unborn whom Red Rose Rescuers sought to
defend. In jail, the Red Rose Rescuers will pray, fast, serve fellow inmates, and
offer reparation for the sin of abortion.
We Need Your Support Today!
Make a tax deductible donation through the Citizens for a Prolife Society site by clicking the donate button. Please note on your donation that it is for the Red Rose Rescue.